[AusRace] How to Get Better Odds Than TAB

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 17 20:34:14 AEDT 2019

Peter, you are still around!

Quick and maybe a little dirty (any one old enough to remember QDOS?)

I isolated 13735 favourites in TAB races this YTD for which I had TAB (NSW)
dividend/price for the winner, outright Fav only (no equal), no late
scratchings (after I collect fixed prices at around 9am Qld, NSW, Vic, Tas,
SA, NT, after scratchings are in for WA ), no Dead Heats.

4806 won, the de rigueur 35% strike rate.

Top morning fixed price for those 4806 was on average 21% greater than TAB.
Top fixed morning odds for those 4806 was on average 43% greater than TAB.

How you determine what will be favourite at 9am is in your hands.

Betfair SP can be affected by your bet, especially with big bets (and don't
forget their disclaimer "Price comparison removes Betfair commission
charges" - that commission is as high as 10%), as can TAB dividend.

LBL