[AusRace] 450,000 Races Analysed .... the results

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Sun Feb 25 07:47:33 AEDT 2018

".. you can’t argue with the sample size"

Good day Greg; long time.

I don't know his data base, so I can't argue with his sample size, but I can question the relevancy.

450k Australian Galloping races takes us back to 1995, maybe even further back as you only considered races on which TAB bet and they don't bet on all races - an extreme example, TAB bet on 14 race meetings on 7/11/2017 out of 43 meetings that day (of course they had fewer races than Flem, Rand …).

But going back 23 years weights TAB analyses  towards the good old days before TAB increased the take-outs (eg Trifecta 16% to 21%). The expansion of on-line betting, mobile apps, overseas syndicates, better information, faster computers, faster communications, rebates to big punters…. are factors that make, to my mind such outdated data fairly irrelevant.  Then there is the 20% drop in TAB turnover in just the last 2 years.

PAUSE -

I thought I'd better look at https://about.rewardbet.com/better-returns/, before posting and I read there that the analysis was of 456,828 races from 2007-2018.

I did not read further, because, Greg, there were nowhere near "Around 450,000 Aus galloping races" let alone that many with TAB betting between 2007-2018, so now I WILL "argue with the sample size".

Cheers

LBL