[AusRace] They never let up re crops, do they?

PhilM punter at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 4 18:55:04 AEDT 2018

"You'll remember Bob Robinson, the IBM salesman who had access to and
used a computer before they were commonly available, and was so
successful he had a crowd following him to copy his bets (you still
here Phil?)"
Yes Len, I haven't gone away just yet.... and quite correct, I was one
of the most avid followers of "Mr Magic", Shirley and Co. ....to the
point he referred to me as "bindi eyes" ;-) Like you, I changed
betting strategies over the years many times, from following
Robertson, following the Manuel bros; getting massive overs using
teletext when interstate TAB's put up approximates, betting trebles
and quadrellas for years based on early TAB odds just by comparing
paper prices, then Betfair gave me the biggest lift possible in 2001
with some amazing returns in the first few years, flipping from place
betting, to taking any overs bookies gave as compared to Betfair,
moving from British racing, to Aussie racing as bookies closed down
accounts, to correct score and 1st half/2nd half soccer odds for years
until TABCorp finally woke up they were giving money away, then back
to Aussie racing again. It finally got to the point that the hours
worked were not worth the returns gained. I guess I stood still and
got run over! I've had one bet in six months, the winner of the
Melbourne Cup and have pretty much lost all interest if I can no
longer make a decent dollar. Happy on the aged pension now with enough
funds to tide me over and a wife that's more than happy as my "carer".
If you are still going well Len, then you've likely outdone every
gambler out there! Congratulations!
Phil M
p.s. Sounds as if Bob Robertson (Robinson?) has fallen a long way to
be called a "silly old bugger" by some bookie, betting $5 e/w!
Seriously?