[AusRace] Lengths per second score and stuff

Race Stats RaceStats at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 22:43:16 AEST 2017

Hi Tony,

"However, that fast aspect may occur elsewhere in the race, other than in the final moments. I was looking at that score too. The 'midrace'
calculation almost gives the information we need."

Exactly Tony, in the USA they run flat out from the start in most races, so the American time gurus came here and failed miserably.
The Melbourne Cup and The Cox Plate are two races that are generally run at a faster pace than their other similar distance black type races.

"In reality, I don't consider jockeys at all, in my regular punting that is. They are just a requirement within the rules of racing, provide the handicap race weight and wear a  coloured shirt, and pull faces at the crowd at the finish, then blame the barrier if they lose."

The barrier is an excuse, just like the pull in weights.
If the horse loses, it was the barrier or the pull in weights, yet so many horses do win from bad barriers and carry top weight to win.
I've said it before, the way in which weight is allocated, hardly makes a difference to a good horse's performance.
Len, was right when he said that riderless horses past the post first if they run straight, so weight does matter.
However, a riderless horse may have a weight difference of 56 kgs to every other runner!
When one looks at a difference of .50kgs up to 3kgs, the differences are minimal.
Lindsay