[AusRace] Tappys Plan - a system

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 30 22:39:15 AEDT 2022

Harry and Grace are related to John Tapp. Harry (Hec) was a tyre re-treader
during the day and a greeter at the RSL in the evening.

Hec had a plan. On Friday nights, when he didn't work at the Club, he drank
from a king brown bottle while he sat at one end of the ping pong table in
the cold, and did the form his way. Two big swigs, a big burp, and back to
work, roll a smoke, two big swigs, a burp, repeated..

His way, and the Melbourne Cup 2022 selections would go like this.

(1)The first 5 in the weights, from the top weight down to be precise. In
the Cup, this year, this is TAB number 1 - 6.
Gold Trip, Duais, Knights Order, Montefilia, Numerian, Without a Fight..

(2) The first 5 barrier position (the first 6 this year)
Grand Promenade, Stockman, Emissary, Vow and Declare, Realm of Flowers,
Interpretation

(3) The first 5 in the pre race market (the first  6 this year)
Deauvville Legend, Montefilia, Realm of Flowers, Without a Fight,Gold Trip,
Hoo Ya Mal

Now, collate those runners, count their occurrence in the list.

Three Mentions: Nil

Two Mentions: Gold Trip, Montefilia,Without a Fight, Realm of Flowers

One Mention: Duais, Knights Order, Numerian, Grand Promenade, Stockman,
Emissary, Vow and Declare, Interpretation, Deauville Legend, Hoo Ya Mal

I guess he would back the three mentions runners - there are none in this
years Cup

The top picks are Gold Trip, Montefilia, Without a Fight, Realm of Flowers.
Presently they are 14,11,12, 11 - we'll see

I am not recommending any of these as a bet in the Cup.

What has Gold Trip done. Ok, it has placed in a few good races, but it has
one win a while ago, in France.

I have backed Knights Order, Young Werther, Emissary, Tralee Rose, Point
Nepean in Quinellas. I would expect to take them again, with others, up to
fifteen combinations.

Harry Tapp died when I was 8 and I never got to know him that well. Gracie,
his wife, my Aunty kinda, bought me my football gear every year. It was a
simple matter of fronting up to Mick Simmonds sportstore and telling them,
they would ring her for approval, and off I shopped. They had no children.
Mum nursed her in her final months before she went off for palliative care.

--
www.avg.com