[AusRace] The Winter Championship Series - a system

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Fri May 13 23:58:19 AEST 2022

Continuing
 4 runners have scores of 5 (they have data arising from the (a) to (f)
clauses listed below).
Justacanta $16, Morvada $6, Bold Star $17, Triple Missile $3 favourite

Triple M is emergency 1(and favourite), Newitt to ride and he is also
nominated on 10 Mystery Shot.
The field limit is 16 and Triple M is in but the other two emergencies may
not be. Newitt is riding at 12% but
has a heap of places.

Scores of 4: Great Again, Superium, Mystery Shot, Pauls Regret, Morrissy

Scores of 3: Biometric

I set the day since last start as 84 (12 weeks)

The also ran in this race would be notarised (alright, bookmarked) for
upcoming races in the series

I'm not betting in this although I did have some quadrellas

Cheers

Tony

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
subject: [AusRace] The Winter Championship Series - a system

Wyn Hunter-Leigh isn't real, although he played football quite well.

He had changed his name before I knew him and he changed his name later
although when I knew him he was Wyn, and in the Rugby Club environment he
was Gwyneth (of course) and not because he played in the backline, although
some of them had permed hair, truly.

Wyn subscribed to the same rating provider that I did (Rem Plante) and after
several subscription renewal periods he moved on. I had mentioned Plante to
him.

But I digress.

 Often good races have preludes. Think Slipper, Doncaster, most Cups etc.
Runners often have to contest lead up races, and score or finish within 5
lengths, maybe, in order to be considered for inclusion in a final.

The Winter Championships are just such races and have been around forever.
There are a series of preliminaries, both Metro and provincial, two country,
then a final at Flemington as a listed race (what Grade 4 used to be).

What Wyn did was categorise the runners in each race (the prelims)

(a)Last start winner and better than 4/1 pre post ($5 in todays market) -
include.

(b)Contested a group race at sometime - include

(c) Either of last three starts (any time) when this runner finished within
3 lengths when 9/1 or longer ($10>=) - include

(d) Place strike rate greater than 35% - include - although he told me this
was 55%

(e') change of distance - last race to this race -200m to +200m - include

(f) change of weight - last race to this race - +2kg to -2kg - include

Wyn now has 3 contenders (at least) in each race.

Selection clauses like (a) to (f) may get you runners which qualify several
times.

The Winter Championships selections (Flemington R8) 1400 will follow. Six
races on Saturday are the start or continuation of series racing.

Cheers

Tony

--
https://www.avg.com