[AusRace] BFSP

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 25 17:42:20 AEDT 2020

I've said I don't trust the computation of BFSP; here's a little preliminary
back-up from my collection of 4,894 prices from 15/2/2020-23/2. That's
limited data but will quickly increase.

1002 were exact $ values, being 20% compared to an expected 1%. That is so
far outside normal expectation that I can't think of a rational reason other
than manipulation or providing misleading figures.

It's not because the higher prices are rounded - the 10 highest prices are:

511.84

557.25

567.44

571.09

580.88

592.44

604.27

668.85

671.44

833.61

the 10 lowest prices are:

1.23

1.30

1.30

1.36

1.39

1.51

1.52

1.53

1.53

1.54

Of the 3,892 prices that are not exact $ values, 850 were to 10 cents ala
TAB (eg 1.30 as above), being 22% compared to an expected 10%.

If I get around to it, I'll conjure up a theoretical (it has to be
theoretical as BF don't provide data to enable checking) example of how the
calculations can be rigged to favour certain people, including BF.

LBL