[AusRace] 2 x triple

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jun 30 11:48:35 AEST 2019

Tassie Mike may be able to explain!

My program to collect scratching details and scratch from my race files
prior to rating had a slight hiccup, because of Coutinho, Dev 6/12 (bottom
of the TAB list) being the same as Dev 7/1 (hence the same horse was in
consecutive records).

Why Coutinho was "bottom weight" (viz TAB 12) despite having been allocated
the highest weight baffled me momentarily, but I guessed it was because it
was guaranteed a start in Race 7?, where it was also scratched. Then I
noticed it was also an emergency in Race 5, as was Kepta, which got a run as
first emergency in Race 6. Why Race rather than race 5, which then ran one
short of maximum size? Not over yet, I then saw Kepta was also an emergency
in Race 7.

So 2x triple acceptors. Unusual? Not really, just that I've not noticed it
before - I've found 77 other occasions since 1/1/2001 where there have been
triple acceptances at the one track, and 6 where there have been 4.

LBL