[AusRace] Jockeys generally

sean mclaren seanmac4321 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:35:40 AEDT 2019

Hi Lindsay & Roman

I work in Access and Excel.

Once you have the data in then it is a matter of running queries.

The more you do the queries, the better you get at constructing them.

I quite enjoyed Roman's questions.

But it was not my intention to bombard the list with tables.

Apart from the numbers, it also shows what you can do with a simple access
database.

Access has it's limitations in that your file cant go past 2 gig in size.

In WA, I have Ascot & Belmont in one file. I could split them. Then go to
single files for country provincial.

The beauty of Access allows you export queries etc into another file. Then
you can cut and paste the sql into
word, and find say "Ascot" and replace with say "Pinjarra". Then pull the
sql back in and the Pinjarra file is up and running.

My speed ratings that I have developed are derived from a very inefficient
method of a series of queries.

Each query generating tables for further use down the chain.

This is not the most efficient way I know. It is a convenient solution for
ME.

I will be moving across to PowerBI in time. I believe Nick Aubrey uses this
platform.

The problem is I am not as smart or clever as Nick lol.

Cheers Sean