[AusRace] Mr Magic

norsaintpublishing at gmail.com norsaintpublishing at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 08:00:28 AEDT 2019

Hi Steve,
    his name came up in discussion  sometime last year from memory.
He can be found at Morphettville every week in a social capacity and having
what appears very small wagers with the one bookie in his bar area. Was
always seated with 3 or 4 others sharing a bottle of something or other. In
the winter he'd leave early so he could get home to watch the Crows play.
I'm not sure if the percentages got him in the end or whether a divorce and
the obligatory seizure of his assets did the job. I very much doubt whether
the service advertised is the same bloke.
I met his son at Caulfield about 15 years ago and he was using Read
Rating's pager service, although he did say he had his old man's prices
handy too. I didn't take too much notice at the time as it wasn't until
later that another bloke confirmed he was indeed junior Magic.