[AusRace] FW: Ranking Jockeys - another way

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 26 01:37:51 AEDT 2018

Re-send

From: Tony Moffat [mailto:tonymoffat at bigpond.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:28 PM
To: 'racing at ausrace.com' <racing at ausrace.com>
Subject: Ranking Jockeys - another way

Greg Conroy gave us a link to a list of jockeys riding on Friday last
-the list showed their abilities (actually their horse ability) for
the last 5 rides

egPMoloney has 95311 and to my way of thinking if you involve those
runs by multiplying them so (9*5*3*1*1) then divide the product (135)
by the two worst rides (135/9/5) you end with a jockey value somewhere
in the here and now (3). I forgave the rider for two bad rides because
perhaps they were fitnessers, or out of class/depth, just not here
today, bad choices in running, or that old chestnut, barrier, another
is distance, also distance up or back, weight up or down, what the
jockey said happened.

PMOLONEY had one ride for a 2nd

The result is/was for Scone say, Greg Ryan and Mitchell Bell with a
product of 3 each.

Race 1 GRYAN won, MBELL unplaced

Race 2 MBELL won, GRYAN NR

It has to be said that GRyan had a miserable day, it's the cattle they
get, another excuse/explanation of theirs. You can track them through
the day if you want.

In Canberra NHEYWOOD had a couple for a couple of places. Shaun Guymer
had one ride for no result, it was the longest priced runner for the
day though and picked by the on course expert, using the Guymer
ranking per chance.

MV nightshift we had DLANE 2nd in the First, 3rd in the Second,
JNOONAN 3rd in the 3rd, DLANE, First in the 4th, NBERRIMAN unplaced,
JNOONAN, 2nd in the 5th, DLANE unplaced in the 6th, no selection for
the 7th, DLANE/JNOONAN unplaced in the 8th

starts, a 0 gets a 9 in my db, for Nikita Berriman 13810 went to 13819
(1*3*8*1*9) = 216/Large1/Large2- final rating 3

And well you know the rest.

I don't commend it, it is just another way

Cheers

Tony

---
http://www.avg.com