[AusRace] Sportsbet

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Sun Dec 2 13:24:53 AEDT 2018

Firstly praise - they bet to MBL (and in the case of non-Metro Place, MBL+25%) on all venues, including non-MBL, all days, any time. Limited praise because I reckon they should re-bet you if they later put up a price greater than the one at which you bet - clearly they want to hold more on such horses, so why not allow you to be the one betting more?

Now the bad - for illustration purposes I put $2 Place at $3.70 on a Sydney Metro race at 8:52 EDST yesterday

That "plunge" causes "Australia's biggest bookmaker" to turn the horse from 12/3.70 to 10/3.30! No, it's not a coincidence and I bet at the same time as substantial bet(s) were made - it happens almost every time I bet; I tested what amount triggered the program and it was $2 - $1 has no effect, aren't they brave. Sportsbet turning prices in often causes a chain effect as others "follow the leader", particularly in minor races with less disclosed form. Not in this case, but often ostensibly a plunge across a range of bookmakers because of a single MBL Place bet, and presumably the same could be prompted by $2.

Don't I wish I was as good as their reaction suggests!