[AusRace] Luxbet

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Sun Dec 10 08:05:51 AEDT 2017

I recently gave a "thumbs up" to Luxbet.

I retract it.

On 6/12/2017, they offered $2.00 the place about Ipswich 6/3, which I took.
The horse came 2nd, which by any rational measure is a place.

Luxbet classified it as a losing bet and kept the money.

I pointed out the wrongness of that, and my stake was refunded, thus I back
a winner and do not win with Luxbet.

What was the problem one may wonder. Lux says "From my understanding a fibre
optic cable under St. Kilda road was damaged and as such resulted in some
software issues". No I'm not making that up, my imagination is not that
vivid.

They follow up with "In this instance, your bet will be void. Luxbet does
not pay a place for a field of less than five". No, they just take bets on
fields of less than 5 and keep the stake unless the mug punter complains.
How many others did not pick up that they were not paid?

PS, QLD tote paid 2.90 - so not only was I cheated, I'd taken massive
"unders"..

LBL