[AusRace] Dynamic Odds

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 29 07:29:29 AEDT 2024

DO have changed the TAB indicator flag from N to F. Why would anyone
do that, after years of N, without informing subscribers...
When I queried why jockeys were sometimes indicated as  Not Notified,
sometimes Unknown, and what was the difference, as surely if there
were no difference, they would use a unique term, I got this in reply:
_THE JOCKEY NAMES ARE DISPLAYED AS "UNKNOWN" OR "NOT NOTIFIED"
AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE FEED PROVIDER HAS NOT SENT US THE RELEVANT
DETAILS FROM THEIR END OR WHEN THE RELEVANT JOCKEY HAS NOT YET BEEN
ADDED TO THE LIST. ONCE THE FEED PROVIDER SENDS THE JOCKEY NAMES, THEY
WILL GET UPDATED ON OUR SYSTEMS WITH THE CORRECT JOCKEY NAMES._
"Automatically"! How is which to display chosen?
Do these people understand that programs to process the data we pay
$1,100pm to download expect consistency? Will look for "N" as it was
originally, that as they add different identifiers for missing jockeys
like "Not Notified" and "Unknown" (it used to be N.R.) we have to
identify the problem and change the coding?