[AusRace] What a difference a day makes - Corowa to Narrendera today Race 5

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 14 11:51:15 AEST 2022

I'm not betting on this race today

My Uncles worked on the canals in Narrandera, way back then, and I want to
make two things clear, straight up, it was not the Far Canal but the Main
Canal, the big, wide, green water, creaking watercourse that behaves as a
river should, straight runs, 8 chain curves, straight runs, always full to
the maximum and not the stinking, wriggling across the landscape, almost
cess pool excuses for rivers now a days. Ok? And also I had my National
Service medicals there. (I'm just being folksy). Those same Uncles were
contracted to remove rail lines and recycle the steel, and the sleepers I
heard.

Corowa was cancelled yesterday Tuesday 13th and the meeting transferred to
Narrendera today. Everything seems to be as it was, except a few scr, and
one addition, out yesterday, in today type of thing. Prices at 0800 WA. This
is Race 5

1

FLEET,

21

,

4.761905

,

20

,

5

2

MY BROTHER,

12

,

8.333333

,

13

,

7.692308

3

PERSUASIVE,

20

,

5

,

18

,

5.555556

4

POPPA,

31

,

3.225806

,

34

,

2.941176

5

RANSAKKA,

3.2

,

31.25

,

scr

,

0

6

RUPP,

2.7

,

37.03704

,

2

,

50

7

FLYING,

19

,

5.263158

,

13

,

7.692308

8

MAGNOLIA,

13

,

7.692308

,

13

,

7.692308

9

TOKYO,

31

,

3.225806

,

26

,

3.846154

10

ZOUZOULI,

8

,

12.5

,

5.5

,

18.18182

11

INFILTR,

12

,

8.333333

,

8

,

12.5

12

SUNNY,

26

,

3.846154

,

31

,

3.225806

13

MAURLENE,

0

	scr

,

23

,

4.347826

130.5

,

		128.5

It is in the timing, and my timing is bad, but the working out of the book
percentage most times is out by 10+% usually. This doesn't worry $5 punters
(like we) but it is an annoyance. Is it the timng or are the fixed price
staff 'smoothing' the prices afterwards so that it shows a <125% when
sometimes it can be up to 140% during the lead up to the start. It's in the
timing I keep telling myself.

"deleted" users, are there any?, would be seeing this continually. 'Smart
Price' users would find it advatageous

--
www.avg.com