[AusRace] FW: The Big Dance - $2 million for bush battlers

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Wed Nov 2 00:25:54 AEDT 2022

I thought, and I thought I read, that the contestants in this race today
would be chosen from country trainers contesting named races on country
courses. While the contests were in the country (and provincial) areas the
runners were often the product of city trainers who went bush to contest a
country Cup (often) and get a spot in the final. Perhaps that is something
they have always done, go bush for a quick quid, like Tullibigeal, or
Bundarra, or some other place were the trains don't go (no more).

I backed Sibaaq (3rd) some weeks ago, Kedah and One Aye

I thought Kedah was a good run (7th) and it was finishing the fastest of all
of them, except he was 5 metres back and the winner was matching him. It was
a good win, and a good ride

https://mdata.racingnsw.com.au/FreeFields/Results.aspx?Key=2022Nov01,NSW,Roy
al%20Randwick

cheers

Sent: Saturday, 20 August 2022 7:51 PM
Subject: [AusRace] The Big Dance - $2 million for bush battlers

The final of this series of races is November 1 in Sydney - the 1st Tuesday
in November - say no more.

Qualifying for this 1600m (those broadcasting call it a mile) started 31/10
las-shear and to date there have been 20 qualifying races although 1
-Wellington Cup in May was abandoned.

 You have to win or place second in selected races to be considered for
inclusion so to this point in time up to 38 runners are up for
consideration. I presume the Wellington Cup runners have to suck it up, so
to speak

Today One Aye  tried again in Sydney but went down. It has a qualifying win
in the Forbes Cup (in good time) and a fast second at Mudgee in December.
Some of those qualifying runs are way back in the form record, October and
November and December but they're selling a dream right.

More info here:
https://www.racingnsw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/The_Big_Dance_Race_Condition
s.pdf.

There is a Wild Card race in Randwick, perhaps open to all comers (so not
bush horses as such) another qualifier at Coonamble the next day then the
final on Melbourne Cup Day

Cheers

Tony

--