[AusRace] RIP Lester Piggott

norsaintpublishing at gmail.com norsaintpublishing at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:02:20 AEST 2022

Some great stories about Piggot abound. One of the best is how he struck a
rival horse on the rump with his whip and got it to take off mid-race,
thereby giving his own mount much needed galloping room and a better trip,
whilst the afore mentioned rival wouldn't
 settle after the mid-race whack and finished well back.
Hume is Spiked's resident hard lefty, isn't he? Good to see racing
transcends class warfare!
Be interesting to see if it does in Oz, now that the loony Green sheilas
are in the ascendant. 2YO races will be in their crosshairs
and possibly racing generally.