[AusRace] FW: Weight Angles 3 - using apprentices for profit - a system

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Sat May 21 10:06:19 AEST 2022

Correction - the results are listed here - the system chose what I wrote but
it needed to be smoothed somewhat.
I don't use the system and don't suggest you do either - for information
only - I deleted the SR results also

Last post on this subject

Remember - If after application/deduction of his (the apprentice) allowance
the horse is now carrying LESS than the limit weight it is a selection

Inverell R1 - Courtney Bellamy - loss
Inverell R2 - Georgina McDonnell - loss
Inverell R3 - Georgina McDonnell - 2nd  $2.90
Inverell R4 - Courtney Bellamy - WIN $20.60/3.70
Inverell R5 - Courtney Bellamy - Loss
Inverell R7 -Georgina McDonnell - WIN $21.50/4.50
Inverell R8 - too many (3 of) selections - one paid $20.30 place
Canberra R3 - Molly Bourke - loss
Canberra R5 - Molly Bourke - loss
Canberra R6 - Heidi Gillie - loss
Canberra R7 - too many (3) selections - loss

Subject: Re: [AusRace] Weight Angles 3 - using apprentices for profit - a
system

Some results and information. Remember ' Summary: If after application
(deduction) of his allowance the horse now carries less than the limit
weight for the race it can become a selection'

Inverell R4 Win 26.00/5.5
Inverell R5 Loss
Inverell R7 Win 21.50/4.50
Inverell R8 3rd 99.80/20.30
Canberra R7 was a loss ,4th, 37.80,8.70 and revealed an anomaly I didn't
know we had. Apprentices are sometimes unable to claim their full allowance
because of their natural weight compared with the handicap weight of the
horse and this was/was not the problem here. The replay is good to watch
more so because another apprentice (not a contender) tried to steal it but
ran out of horse power -Mickeyrats ridden by Ms Wedrat-Kroezen (a4kg) Below
are links to sites which show the allowances and riding weights in a few
Sates
https://www.racingnsw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Copy-of-Apprentice-Allowance
s-18-May-2022.pdf
https://www.racingvictoria.com.au/the-sport/jockeys/apprentice-jockey-progra
m/apprentice-riding-weights
https://www.rwwa.com.au/thoroughbred-hub/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/05/
Apprentice-Riding-Allowance-as-at-18-May-2022.pdf

To: 'AusRace Racing Discussion List' <racing at ausrace.com>
Subject: [AusRace] Weight Angles 3 - using apprentices for profit - a system

This system was a booklet amongst 15 or more in a box at the Ardlethan
School of Arts on a hot Saturday in the 60's. The books, bric-a-brac
(whatever that is) preserves and scones were for sale to benefit the school.

There were so few apprentices at that time, 4 at most in Sydney, and a few
more than that in other racing Districts in NSW.

Rule 1 Ascertain the riding weight of the apprentice - this was displayed on
a board on course

Rule 2 If after application of his allowance the horse now carries less than
the limit weight for the race it can become a selection

 Rule 3 It is better if the apprentice has ridden the selection in a race
before today.

Rule 4 The price today must be more than or equal to 16/1 (this was ruled
out in ink in my book and the deletion was initialed).

This is book 3 in a series - I had book 1 also. It cost 7/- (shillings) post
paid

carries less than the limit weight for the race it can become a selection

Apparently there were only males in the game back then

--
https://www.avg.com