[AusRace] Jockey Plan - a system - Merry Xmas Ausracers

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Wed Dec 28 08:03:17 AEDT 2022

	 I get jockeys from TRB and Dynamic Odds, and have a table with the
corresponding names. Dynamic Odds are all over the place - Mrs
yesterday, Ms today, no title tomorrow; it's just a 20 second fix to
the table every time they change - annoying but not major . TRB does
not use titles on any jockeys, mostly first initial and surname - so
it's just a problem when people change their name, mostly women,
sometimes men, and a few problems with repeated names initially due
the use of first initial/surname - eg father son Jeff Lloyd and Jared
Lloyd, David Tootell snr and jnr, recently Neil and Nick Ryan, but
it's soon sorted out.

	 DO also at times comes up with rogue entries in the Jockey field -
eg
1 Silent Sovereign (John Allen)
Chris Mccarthy (3)
Nathan Newton (3)
Ronan Short (1.5)
Ross O'sullivan (3)

Again each requires a manual change in my table, again annoying and
should not happen, but I get enough value to keep paying $1,100 per
month.