[AusRace] Strath

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jun 10 08:23:57 AEST 2021

Yesterday's Strath meeting was postponed to Fri.

Sportsbet has not cancelled bets in accordance with:

Abandoned/Postponed and Transferred meetings

1.2 Where a meeting is postponed and rescheduled to take place at the same
venue within 48 hours of the original scheduled start time of the meeting,
all bets stand as if the meeting was not postponed. (it's 47hrs 45 mins
later)

But they cancelled Ballarat bets when the races were transferred to the
Synthetic track, rules being:

1.1 Subject to Rule 1.2, if a meeting is abandoned, transferred to another
venue/track (including transferring to a different track at the same venue)
or postponed to another date, single bets are void and wagers will be
refunded. Affected Multi Bets will be recalculated excluding that event or
leg.

1.2 Where a meeting is postponed and rescheduled to take place at the same
venue within 48 hours of the original scheduled start time of the meeting,
all bets stand as if the meeting was not postponed.

Too difficult for me to determine whether they have done the right thing re
Ballarat.

Whereas TopS has cancelled Strath in accordance with:

If a meeting is abandoned or postponed to another date, single bets are void
and wagers will be refunded. Affected MultiBets will be recalculated
excluding that leg.

I thought it would be standard. And think it should be.

As I did not have an early bet with TopS on Ballarat I don't know what they
did.