[AusRace] Data Bases

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Mon Oct 5 04:15:58 AEDT 2020

Then there are the SP markets, which in about 0.6% of times are <100% because of barrier scratchings, and in many other cases low 100s, not reflecting the real SP after deductions, but are still used by touts to promote their systems.

I calculate a normalised 100% market for every race, not by the simple method of dividing each price by the market%*100, but taking into account the "long shot effect" and use that as the basis for comparing returns.

Using on-line bookmakers prices is also fraught.

Here's the final prices as per Dynamic Odds from a number of bookmakers on Race 7 at the Sunshine Coast 27/9/2020:

The discrepancy between the BBet and the others is obvious from the first 2 favourites, #2 and #6:

However, the SPs are right, so the SOPs have been determined considering actual final prices from the (10?) designated bookmakers and the formula used to determine SOP.

Why is BBet the only one right? I can't know, but there were 21 races that day so impacted, the others were ok.

And so on; Life was not meant to be easy, and is not easy for punters.