[AusRace] DynamicOdds Re: SmartData V2.05 the excel sheet

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Fri Aug 28 12:37:18 AEST 2020

Sean

There are 15 bookies listed on the Smartdata sheet – 3 of these I download continuously (Unibet, Ladbrokes, B365) to review their prices – I used to graph their movements (5 years or so ago though) – a fair indicator (to me) of intent is to count the price changes (weird or what) but if (say) a 15.00 runner has had 30 or so ‘hits’ it may run better than its price indicates – it may not win but it will crowd out a few other hopefuls and when a 15.00 hits in a quinella the dividend explodes (to invoke hyperbole a little) which often happens in one of the last four races everywhere!

Presently Ladbrokes has had their prices up since 1210 Thursday (Vic time I guess) and  in the Memsie at Caulfield, Regal Power has had 5 changes in that time – it is being shopped it seems -14>17 (as at late yesterday) or perhaps the knob twirlers are keeping it attractive in comparison to other bookmaker boards (simply, you cannot know) and certainly its price is similar across all boards this morning. I would/will take Mr Quickie, Arcadia Queen and 10,11 as a leg in in that race based on the method mentioned.

There is an auto refresh enable with intervals from 1 second incrementally to 10 minutes – but why, each time you reload it refreshes of course.

I don’t profess to being expert but have subbed for 6 or so years now.

Cheers

Tony