[AusRace] More on TopBetta

Robbie Waterhouse robbie at robbiewaterhouse.com
Sun Sep 29 11:03:29 AEST 2019

B365 stick rigidly to the various MBLs as is their legal right, and their
software automatically accepts or rejects bets from restricted punters in
accordance.

Other bookmakers have software that accept/reject/partially accept according
to modified criteria - eg SportsBet will stand place to $500 on non-metro
rather than MBL $400, and will bet to that any time, not just MBL times.

TopBetta manually decide on all bets I ask for, even when within their
obligated MBL limits, even for $1 on today's Underwood Stakes ($750,000
race) - they reviewed and rejected a small bet just before 9am, and just to
test, I placed one for $1 after 9am, reviewed, accepted.

Did the sale of Dynamic Odds to TopBetta go through?

Yes, but the betting business on sold.

There has been a significant deterioration in the DO site since the sale was
announced, but I've been unable to ascertain if it went through. A bet I
tried to place with TopBetta before 9am through the DO site is still sitting
there "Pending"- TopBetta tell me they rejected it as is their right under
MBL, but all other bookmakers give a message if a bet is rejected. I suspect
it will be accepted after the race if it loses, rejected if it wins, but
only time will tell.

LBL