[AusRace] POC

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Fri May 31 16:37:55 AEST 2019

I've restricted this to races bet on Dynamic Odds (pretty well all TAB
meetings) with >=8 runners, and no late scratchings - I've no way of telling
whether SP markets are with the scratching in or not.

The adoption of SOP caused the market% to drop, bottoming in 11/2017. Then
came the immoral POC tax and markets% rose. The losers are of course and
inevitably punters, who get shorter prices offered. $100s of millions of our
money going into politician's hand to be squandered.

POC was the signature legislation of SA's "Turbo Tom" (he had more speeding
fines in a year than I've had in 55) Koutsantonis, the main challenger to
Sarah Hanson-Young as the thickest pollie in Australia, and spread like a
malevolent virus.

And here's an indication of what the POC has done to early markets% over the
same period (I collect them between 8 & 9am).