[AusRace] FW: With a leg in the air

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 20 21:38:19 AEDT 2019

https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/japplphysiol.00560.2011

not a video but a scholarly look at horse racing (particularly on a decline
- horses have difficulty with this)
A few reads and it seems to unravel - note, this is not the same as a few
reds and gazing at your navel.
There has been a 3.28 mile in NZ, which might be 19 seconds better than the
best elsewhere, but it was on an
incline, and an explanation of the Boston Marathon, why the records there
are not shared, allowed, again because
of the down slope and the separation of the start to finish, a breeze may
have assisted all over the course, and we thought
those out and back courses were for the benefit of Tv.

Next up COT - cost of transport - which is a long-hair way of saying and
explaining energy usage in running a race for horses.

Cheers

Tony