[AusRace] The Lachlan - a system

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 6 01:37:11 AEST 2019

I got two off list replies to this post - criticisms, fair enough, ok,

Grumblebear suggests I post the system contenders 10 minutes before the off
in eligible races.
Eligible races might be where all have had a start. There is a requirement
for a contender to have placed 5th or worse last start, whenever that was,
and is now one of the top weighted runners, with a pre-post price (AAP) of
9/1 -$10.
I won't be doing that.

Let me state that the results I used are after the fact, in fact, after tea
so well after the race is run and the result known.

Gr8 wrote a few score words (+10) on the meaning of life, mine, and suggests
I am disparaging the system inventor by writing about them after so many
years
(of dormancy or what). It is obvious that Gr8 is not a system confrere, he
dislikes them, always has, although he uses friendly stats when choosing a
bet,
systematically, always has.

I don't believe Gr8 and Grumblebear have ever posted on Ausrace, have not
contributed anything and not started a conversation.

The author of this system cannot be identified, there is nothing in the
publication to assist me except the words Pot of Gol(d) and no copyright
claim of right.
Pot of Gol (perhaps Pot of Gold) appears unknown. I could get records for
'Outdoor' magazine resurrected (the 60's version is now defunct) and perhaps
the advertising department may have a contact name but I won't be doing
that.

Other system collectors appear not to have these systems, we are a cagey lot
however, but collectors whose knowledge I aspire to do not know either the
systems or the author. If I thought it was required I would not have written
about the systems, I am down to my last 187 about which I can relate the
fine details to you, I will, you have years of this yet.  If the author
permission is required I get it, it has never been refused to this time, the
big add to the knowledge bank was dealing with Oxford University Press (see
Dettori Day) although not a system it was an education, for me, getting
permission from them.

Look, I wrote about this system on Tuesday and the first 3 eligible races
spun up two winners and a placegetter, and 2 unplaced. The winners were
13.10 and 14.60.
Today the first race was a loser,(Doomben R4) but 7 minutes later Gawler R3
gave us a winner (Slippery Journey $42)
Monday we had a loser, then a place at 24.60, then a place at 11.80, 3
losses, a place at 17.7
Sunday there were two places in two races, two losses, then a win at 46.00
Saturday in the first eligible race, a win 18.40

Is it another way?

Cheers

Tony