[AusRace] Jockeys generally

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 28 13:49:21 AEDT 2019

Easily via tables BUT " Agreed the work upfront is a tough but not insurmountable". Tough indeed.

Even with top trainers, I have problems as discussed earlier:

D Hayes

D J Hayes

D & B Hayes & T

David Hayes

David Hayes & To

D, B & T Hayes &

G Waterhouse & A

Ms G Waterhouse

G & A Waterhouse

WORSE, in a complementary data-base separately sourced, for only the last 8 years, I have additionals:

DHayes

D&BHayes

and:

GWaterhouse

G&AWaterhouse

MsGWaterhouse

Then what about this tiny non-random sample of 43 trainers out of the 11,421 I have in my current (non-archived) data base?

A D Smith

A F Smith

A J Smith

A L Smith

A Smith

Ms A J Smith

Ms A Smith

Ms Alison Smith

J A Smith

J B Smith

J C Smith

J E Smith

J L Smith

J Smith

Jeremy Smith

Ms J M Smith

Ms J Smith

K C Smith

K L Smith

K M Smith

K N Smith

K R Smith

K Smith

K T Smith

Kelvin Smith

Ms K Smith

L A Smith

L C Smith

L J Smith

L R Smith

L Smith

Les Smith

Ms L C Smith

Ms L Smith

M J Smith

M K Smith

M Smith

M W Smith

Marilyn Smith

Matthew Smith

Max Smith

Melissa Smith

Ms M Smith

I can't be bothered looking up how many additionals there are in the complementary 8-year file.

How long do you figure it would take to be 99% sure you had determined how many unique trainers are in the 43 names (and of course thus form a tiny part of the required table)?

Then do the same for at the other 11,378 names? Then match to the 8-year file?