[AusRace] BetEasy defies MBL legislation

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Tue Apr 2 12:20:51 AEDT 2019

Here are extracts from Racing Victoria's MBL.

**********************

An approved WSP must not do any act or refuse to do any act to avoid complying with the bet limits, including but not limited to:

    Refusing to accept a fixed odds bet

    Closing a person’s account

    Refusing to open a person’s account

    Placing any restrictions on a person’s account in relation to Victorian thoroughbred racing product

    Refusing to lay fixed odds to any person when those fixed odds are publicly displayed*

    Laying lesser odds to a person than those publicly displayed

    Any other act or refusal to do an act in order to avoid these provisions

* Publicly display odds, means to display odds to the public generally including, but not limited to:

(a)  on a semaphore board, or

(b)  at an electronic betting terminal, or

(c)  on a website without requiring a person to identify himself or herself (for example, by requiring a person to log in or to provide personal information

Is there any doubt that this is illegal?

I open BetEasy's web site, Bendigo 6.

I log in and click on a horse to bet and the "odds have changed"

Refresh and, lo and behold, all changed:

Open the site with another browser without logging in & the prices publicly displayed have not changed, of course:

Similarly there is no doubt the relevant bodies won't enforce the law - BetEasy should be deregistered, their licence revoked. $52 million in the Lottery tomorrow (Scott used to buy lottery tickets, saying where else can one win $1m for $1) & I'll pay someone to take them to a proper adjudication body, viz court, and see who wins that one!