[AusRace] Remember The Everest?

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 1 14:33:11 AEDT 2019

That's the best, so far - there is another

The grass on the 1400 metre chute at Canterbury has been
cut/lifted/harvested to re-surface a football stadium nearby -seems
plausible

My Mum was a staunch believer in this day, I mean her engineering of some
funny (well, it seemed funny later) situations one of which was

telling my older sister that rubbing dried horse manure would naturally
change her dark hair to surfie blonde - we were 487 miles from the coast

at this juncture. She didn't, sis. I once collected a pile of elephant
manure for her, and watched as several pounds or more of it tumbled the 9
feet to the ground

then took my collection, in the cane laundry basket, and put this under the
kitchen table. Apparently I wasn't funny, foolish perhaps, but she saw the
humour in it

especially when re-telling the incident to her Bridge friends, they though
it was hilarious, as was I, by association. The roses benefitted so all
good.

Cheers

Tony