[AusRace] They never let up re crops, do they?

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Fri Nov 30 12:37:12 AEDT 2018

Nick,

Like Mike's your post did not come through to me; I accessed it on Archives.

I have no doubt that they would shut down horse racing if they can; first jumps, then crops, then …..

That is their modus operandi - step by step with each successive step taking us to a stage that would never have been successful if introduced in one go. Abortion, smoking, food, disciplining children, Christmas (on background news I just heard Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer is to be banned), permissible speech,  homosexual activities….. And horse racing is firmly in their sights.

The immoral and hypocritical recent turnover taxes on bookmakers is indicative of the contempt in which punters are held, as was the massive increase in TAB commission on most bets a few years ago.

I have no positive hopes about the future of racing, nor pretty well anything else in Australian life.

" romantic/rapey novels are invariably written by women" Not read any, but surely they don't also claim that women prefer being raped to getting a few slaps? The women I have spoken to reckon that rape is the worst kind of assault.

LBL

It has always surprised me that all the romantic/rapey novels are

invariably written by women. All the Mills & Boons stuff but also the more

high-browish rubbish. Not sure what we should make of it all.

As for the whip, why don't we defer to those in the industry - and all to a

man/woman - insist that it is needed on two fronts; safety and to get them

putting in.  We all love horse but giving in to the Leftard push on

anything always ends with them claiming more and more. The totalitarians

wouldn't hesitate to try and shut down horse racing; just look at what that

prat Baird proposed doing with the greyhounds.

I find it very annoying that media hacks are always crying "perception is

what it's all about". It's a political push, usually by know-nothing

bureaucrats and their stupid kiddy acolytes.