[AusRace] Racing Digest, Vol 18, Issue 3

Steve essbee at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 20 19:20:19 AEST 2018

Norsaint.....
I've got no intention of setting off down that road Steve, I can assure
you. Just looking to wing it on someone else's work, that's all!
Actually the more I think about it, the more sense it would make to study
sectional pars, given the final time/speed rating is so dependent on how a
race is run.
Anyone know ..............?

Me.......

The list has not been working too good today, as they are not getting through.
As regards your post Nick, I don't see how you can get any value out of sections, without also understanding the merit of the overall.
One is not much good without the other, type of thing.
That said, most races are won by the horse that paces the race the most efficiently, or the best horse in the race(if not paced well but just too good).
The problem with that, is that the 'most efficient', is dependant on what the leaders do, and how the race is run.
So what is great here, can be bad there.

Steve