[AusRace] Par times

L.B.Loveday lloveday at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jun 18 11:49:07 AEST 2018

Nick,

"Par times" is, to me, a nebulous term - they can be calculated in various ways, times are affected by track condition (not only on the day, but by permanent upgrades such as at Gawler), rail positioning, wind direction, riding tactics, in-race mishaps such as a fall, the class of horses, whether there are zero, one, two… "natural" leaders and whether they vie for the lead, weight conditions……

So I never consider them, but I do have a database of every Australian race for the past 20+ years,  including:

Date,

Course,

Distance,

Class,

Limit Weight,

Weight carried by placegetters,

Condition,

No of starters,

Prizemoney,

and of course Time

You determine an algorithm for calculating par times and I'll write a program and send you the results; otherwise you are just relying on someone else's methodology, almost certainly without knowing the basis of his determinations.

LBL