[AusRace] Tulloch done this and The SP On The Run

Race Stats RaceStats at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 20:14:55 AEDT 2018

Yes, great story.
Australia has changed a lot since then, some for the better, but mostly for the worse.
I missed that generation by a bit, but listening to my Grandmother (the only one in Australia), as a kid, I remember stories like Tony's.
My Papa used to listen to the races on a leather bound transistor radio, but was placed on an allowance after several bad losses.
They lived in Moonee Ponds and if the races were on, he'd stop there on the way home on payday, if he had a win Mum got snowballs as a treat, if he lost there was hell to pay at home. I recently discovered that he may have been a penciller or runner for some bookies, as in his very precise neat writing style was a ledger in a notebook of various races and their balances owing or owed. It wasn't for himself, he was doing it on behalf of a bookie / bookies. I'll never know the full story as he passed away when I was about 6. Nana passed away a lot later, but you'd never mention gambling in her house - Ever!
Lindsay