[AusRace] Day at the Races - the 70's - continued

Tony Moffat tonymoffat at bigpond.com
Wed Feb 28 00:42:05 AEDT 2018

Northerly, Hello - your message appeared on the List archive but did
not distribute as it should - quirky internet

No - I was in the building but not in the room - I imagine those that
are have baseball mitts or something but this may be unique to me,
this thought.

While I won't engage you in ideologue I did mention <responsibility>
several times and made a paragraph out of my narcissistic tendency
explanation and that will do.

The horse related part of this reply is this :- I, we, had a
discussion about names for the child and I reverted to racehorses, as
you do. Quirinale was offered, it's a palace in Italy and has a
feminine back story, apparently. The name had to be unique, it is
that, and must not reduce readily to slang, which it does, Quirinale
begets quiri meaning query, she said, but I went further, deeper, with
queery and so, no. If one rewinds to March,9 months earlier, and
please don't tell me we have to have the talk here, then I was
attached to Tricia Ann, Difleur and Bon Cherie which shrank to Anne,
Fleur and Cherie, and try as you like you cannot besmirch them. They
got cut too. We settled on a nice name, which we couldn't shrink or
reduce.

Cheers

Tony

Norsaint wrote:-
Were you in the delivery room Tony?
A very retrograde step when the feminists insisted it was the done
thing.
Sending men to pre-natal classes was just the first step in the
demasculization of western man.  Anyone with expectant women, resist
for
all it's worth. Cigars and whiskey in the waiting room is the go.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at
> Sent with Mailtrack
<
 8.3+++++++++ Day at the Races - the early 70's

> My youngest daughter was born on January 28, in a house, a mansion
really,

---
http://www.avg.com