[AusRace] Jockey Rating Thoughts

mikemcb at southcom.com.au mikemcb at southcom.com.au
Sun Sep 17 11:34:14 AEST 2017

Peter & Terry & Co

I have produced both Jockey and Trainer ratings since April 2016, firstly
over a 3 month period, then 6 months, then 9 months, 12 months and recently
14 months.

The performance did appear to improve at 6 months but I have detected very
little change since then.

To me the most interesting thing has been that my Trainer ratings outperform
the Jockey ratings when it comes to profitable selections.

The Strike Rate for my Trainer ratings was fractionally lower but the POT%
was almost twice as good as for the Jockey ratings.

Mike.