[AusRace] Calculating deductions from payouts in cases of

chiron1 at iinet.net.au chiron1 at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 19 16:53:38 AEDT 2017

	Hi Rob and Ausracers,

	I know deductions only affect us as punters from time to time but
everybody should have a look

	at the new policy - the IWS_Re Frame, which, on further
investigation, seems to be universally

	adopted in Oz. I'm slowly beginning to get the point you're making
Rob. I went

	through the Dominic Beirne slideshow/Q&A that 2 ausracers sent or
pointed me to and

	I could probably accept it, if I could get my head around, not so
much the "fairness" of it.

	I saw the examples but Beirne says it consists of hundreds of look up
tables (written into an

	algorithm obviously) covering numerous 'anomalous' situations

	but if a bookie has to return all the money held on a
scratched medium shot at say 11/1 ($12.00) but the fave,

	on which he stood to lose the most, if it won, goes unplaced,
then it works against the punter even at

	low aggregate betting percentages.

	My bet was deducted 14c/$1 via the on course bookie I laid it
with but only 8c/$1 via the TAB fixed odds system.

	(The winner paid $7.50; the fave was unplaced) They can't both be
answering the same question.

	Perth aggregate betting percentages often get close to or above 140%
win. The TAB fixed odds, permanently.

	With the example you quote isn't the IWS algorithm deducting 50% once
the winners price

	is over 50/1 ... Beirne alluded to it or something like that, in the
Q&A presentation... I feel a semantic

	discussion on the meaning of "fairness' coming on.. :-)

	cheers Tony

 Message: 1