[AusRace] Lew and Marie - a progressive bookmaker company - Part 2

Roman kozza1950 at bigpond.com
Fri Feb 3 12:24:53 AEDT 2017

Hi Tony,

A riveting read and I look forward to the next article.

Although it is not as an easy task as the majority of people might first think I believe you have hit the nail right on target when you state that the only way to win on the punt is to identify true favourites or (my slant “horses that should be favs in tight races”). I am 100% in this camp and this is forming the basis of my more serious betting these days. I am very hard on my potential best bets demanding all concerns over the usual form filters  are addressed.

I started off sometime back seeking all horses at $3.20 or less pre post as my starting point but have now reduced my search to $2.90 or less which helps time wise as I have less to study. I am using $ 3.00 to $4.80  for strong place bets but there are so many I am restricting the search to the better class races. A horse like Dodging Bullets at Caulfield becomes an immediate contender because I know him whereas others of the same price in perhaps a 2yo or three year old race over ground do not reflect the same confidence.

However, I still am prepared to seek those bolters at 20/1 plus but, of course, at much lower amounts and consider them my fun bets. Strangely enough records I have just found recently buried away in the recesses of my computer show I am ok in the area about 2 years ago (220 odd selections). Recent arecorde attempts are in profit but only since Dec 31. Time will tell on those.

Anyway great read Tony: keep them coming. I agree with Nick: far more interesting than some of the nonsense I have read in the past.

Cheers

Roman